Can stress delay labor?

Allison • First time mom established 4/25/18!

Hi, I am 40+3. I have been 3 cm and 80% effaced for 3 weeks now. Can stress delay labor? My mom, dad, step mom, and aunt arrived from out of state for the birth and I feel like since they got here, any signs of impending labor I was having stopped. Before they got here, I lost my mucous plug and had bloody show. I was having contractions off and on too. Haven’t had a contraction since they got to town,

I love them all and am so blessed to have so many people in my life to love and take care of me but they can be stressful to be around. We have fundamentally different religious and political views which leads to heated conversations. My parents are divorced too and it’s tough for my mom and step mom to be around each other. Plus having a house full of people everyday is stressful even though they are people I love.

I have had 2 membrane sweeps so far. I have been drinking red raspberry leaf tea, using evening primrose oil, and bouncing on my ball. I am walking and staying active. My baby is happy and healthy and right now there is no medical reason for an induction. My midwife did offer to do one next week when I will be 41+1. I almost want to take it just to get it over with. All this stress is a bit overwhelming.

So can this stress be delaying my labor? What can I do? I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.