Future husband and his friends...

Jasmine🇬🇧

Hi, I am 24 and getting married to my partner of almost 5months next May. We are both happy together and help each other with our Anxiety and Depression. We support each other through things; for example when I was having trouble with my ex he listened to me and helped me in anyway he could with my daughter from the previous relationship.

He practically lives with me and my daughter already but I am doing up my flat and sorting things out financially so we can officially move in together. Its a nice little family I have and hopefully I can add to that.

I have only one problem... his friends

Now don’t get me wrong I do like his friends and they can be nice people. However, they have never accepted me and I find the reason stupid..

Their reason for not accepting me is “I am a female and I am new to the group”. You would think with this that they don’t have girlfriends or at least it crossed my mind but they do and one is married.

My partner knows and he basically is allowing me to stay separate from them by choice.

I tried when I first got with my partner to interact with his friends and take an interest in their hobby which is Warhammer 40k (Don’t worry if you don’t know what that is, its basically models). They acted hostile at first but eventually they seemed to warm up to me. Though anytime I speak they instantly jump on me even if they talk about the subject....

Eventually I left and said I would not be trying anymore with them. They don’t accept me and never will by their actions. It makes my partner sad that they wont accept someone who loves him and tries to take an interest in his hobby. Yet another girl who has just come along has been accepted.

My partner wonders if it is because the friends partners don’t get involved that they are accepted...

I feel so sorry for my partner having to keep us separate and it makes me sad that I am cast out. Though I still let him go and spend time with them if he gets the opportunity.

Has anyone got any advice on what I can do? I’m at a loss and all I feel like doing is avoiding the situation...