PCOS, BMI and treatment

Mad

Hi all, I’m in the UK and have been ttc for 18 months. Our doctor referred us to the fertility clinic so I got all the required bloods/tests done and we were waiting for an appointment to see if I have blocked tubes. The hospital rang my husband today and told him the clinic had to “reject” us as my BMI is 44, and it needs to be 29.9 for them to do any tests or treatment. The age limit is 35 and I turned 34 three months ago.....

We are totally distraught and don’t quite know what to do. We are so angry our doctor referred us, when she should have known about the BMI limit.

I have PCOS have have tried to lose weight all my life, to no avail. I gave up smoking two years ago and gained a stone, then end of last year ballooned and gained another stone for no reason. I eat really well, am active but still morbidly obese and seem to just keep getting bigger.

Now I am so scared there are issues with me we will never discover as no one will do tests, so what can we do? For the first time I truly am terrified this is not going to work for us, and I just don’t know how to pick myself up again.