Advice ??? Please help

So 2 months ago I started seeing this guy from one of my classes I had. He took me on a “date” to see a movie. It went well I thought. Our third time hanging out we had sex. It was just a hook up at first, to me. I moved a week later 2 states over. Well recently I came back to visit some family and we hooked up a few times since I’ve been back. He had asked me on a date before I got here and I said yes.. it never happened. :/ yesterday he asked me to go somewhere with him and his friends and I said yes but when I asked him what time he left me on read. I asked him again this morning and he said it was canceled cause he was having “car problems”. Yesterday was national sex day and I sent him a pic that said we should celebrate it together. He opened and left it on read. I feel humiliated and stupid. I caught feelings for him and I don’t know what I am to him. I’m 20 years old and I’ve never been the type of girl to have sex outside of a relationship but after my last relationship ended I was heartbroken and devastated and this new guy just happened to be there at the right time and I thought maybe it would be nice to have a nice guy to hook up with that could eventually lead to something more. I’m so upset right now I just wish I knew what he views this as or if I did something wrong idk. The sex wasn’t bad and just 3 days ago I gave him really good head.. soo? :/ ugh please someone help me out.