Is this okay?

So I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. We don't live together currently but I spend a lot of time at his place. In a few months I am moving into an apartment with my brother. We just went through the application process and got approved for it.

My boyfriend is really unhappy where he is staying now and wants to move. And I 100% agree that he should move. The issue is a lot of apartment complexes want the applicants to make 3x the rent. My boyfriend does not make 3x the rent but is able to pay the rent. My solution is that he adds me to the application and we lease it together so that our combined income will be approved. I completely trust that he won't do anything to mess up my name. The rent for his place will still be his responsibility as I have to pay rent for my place. He has been managing his rent on his own the whole time I've known him without any issues.

Is this okay even though I am leasing an apartment with my brother? I know that there are people who have more than one apartment but I wanted to think everything through before moving forward. I just hate to see him unhappy and want to help however I can.