Opinions?

*•A•* • In a relationship

So I don’t know if this will get removed or not...Not exactly sure if this falls into the race category that isn’t allowed, so bare with me.

This is all inspired from several posts I’ve seen about cultural appropriation and whatnot. So here it goes.

I’ve seen quite a growing number of individuals who are trying to identify as a completely different race/ethnicity than they really are. Now I’m not talking about being born in a certain place and having it be a technicality. I’m talking about a completely white girl with German/polish/Swiss blood born in the US saying that she identifies as being Asian, Korean to be specific. She even went so far as to do her makeup, hair, and dress like many girls in Korea do. She said that anyone who disagrees with her or tells her that she’s not, is oppressing her. I’ve seen another guy who is from Mexico, born and raised with a long bloodline of Mexican ancestors, who claims he identifies as being black. He says that deep down, he knows he is black and is upset to hear people (especially his family) say that he is not black.

So what are your opinions/thoughts on the matter? I wish I had more knowledge on the topic. I heard about it from a video that was shown in psych class (college) and these people legitimately identify as other ethnicities/races.