am i being stupid

Back ground info.... me and partner have been together 2 and a half years. He was 2 boys 5 and 7. His mom has only just started to like me. We met when my partners dad passed away, i needed to bring partner his medication and clothes so he could stop with his mom, an hour away from where we live. And she always says i made partner and his ex split up, they werent together when i met partner..... Anyway im anxious to find out what we are having, we both want a girl. Im worrying im going to be compared to the ex and the two boys if i have a boy. Im compared a lot already. Partners mom still has, if not a lot more, of a strong relationship. The ex stops over at the moms house, shares the same bed, all sorts of weird stuff... anyway am i being silly? i am arent i... i just want it to be all exciting, every baby is different... just im fed up of they did this, they did that... partner has tried talking to his mom because he said it feels like he has never done it before 1. because weve had complications and 2. He was young and didnt live with his ex, he was an hour away so he didnt see her really...

I think its just hormones and i hate being compared about anything anways