Not getting along....

I was fortunate enough to come into my step sons life when he was young. Loved him to death! So well behaved. So well mannered. I use to rave and brag about him to others....

Well it's been 10 years and him and I are oil and water. It breaks my heart because I miss the younger version of him. When we use to play in the yard, get excited over peanut butter sandwiches, and build forts. But over the years his mother came into a lot of wealth. He is a very fortunate and lucky kid. But this is getting to his head. He is getting spoiled and because of it we dont get along. He is rude, condescending, and overly sarcastic. All he talks about are the things he wants us to buy for him. He is soooooo use to his mom getting him whatever he wants that this is his "normal". I cant take it. It makes me dread being around him. And as a step parent I cannot have a say in how to raise him. This is getting so hard. And it's hard to admit when you and your step child dont get along because everyone assumes it's the evil step parent that is doing it all wrong. But as a step parent I am not allowed to have a say in how he is raised.

He even insults and makes fun of my husband and my husband doesn't do anything about it!! He just let's him! I hate having to keep my mouth shut and watch this go on.