I feel like a failure...

Kristi

My husband and I live with his parents. We have since before we got married and prior to moving in with him I lived with my mom (I'm 23). I feel like because of this, I never learned how to "adult". We got pregnant with our first son shortly after getting married, he's now 17 months old. My MIL completely took over, even when I tried to put my foot down. If I was at work, I'd come out to find out that he had yogurt (before I wanted him to), that he was watching TV all day (which I've explicitly asked to stop), and a ton of other stuff against my wishes. Now he won't say any words, will not look anyone in the eye, nor will he eat anything but carbsp. She won't stop giving him formula even after I've asked, told, and commanded her to stop. He's constipated daily. I let my own child out of my control and now I feel hopeless on how to bring him back around to how *I* want to raise him. Even when I do put my foot down, she doesn't respect my decisions. If I give my child a bath, I hear "Oh my God, he's going to get sick. Why'd you do that!?" And if I want to take him out with my husband and I, she immediately starts in on, "No, please don't. I'll miss him!" She will deliberately go behind my back to parent him the way she sees fit. I'm so depressed over this and my only option left, I feel, is to demand my husband and I leave immediately. We have a 4 month old and I refuse to let the same thing happen with him.