Wait, that’s it?!

Juliette

Sarafinas birth story:

June 16th, 2018,

Early that morning, I woke up, not feeling too well. I was 38 weeks pregnant, so I just figured maybe it was morning sickness again. Later that afternoon, I laid down for a nap, and I SWEAR I felt something drop in my stomach and I immediately started having back pains. It was my first pregnancy, so I thought it was normal🤷🏼‍♀️ Later that night, we went to a going away party/bonfire. I was having major contractions while I was there and I just assumed it was Braxton Hicks, because my water never broke. It’s funny, because one of the older men there looked at me while I was having a contraction and said “we can’t have none of that here”😂

We left around 10pm and my contractions were getting closer and closer together. We had to drop off my husbands friends, so it took even longer to get home and I just wanted to lay down lol.

We called the doctor, because it started hurting a lot, so we went to the hospital that’s over an hour away.

I was only 1cm dilated and my water never broke. After about 2 hours, my doctor called the hospital and told them to hold me until the morning, they gave me medicine and I swear I was trippin😂😂 after about an hour, I finally relaxed enough to go to sleep and when I started to doze off, MY WATER BROKE😂 I was so mad. I wanted to sleep lol. 30 minutes, I was 6cm dilated and they gave me the epidural. The doctor who gave it to me was a male and he just kept on talking, and when I’m in pain, I can’t hear a mans voice. It makes me mad. I was on the edge of the bed, holding onto my husband and I looked at him and said “you need to tell this guy to shut up. I don’t want to hear his voice right now. He’s annoying me”😂😂

All I wanted was my mom, and she wasn’t even at the hospital yet. 15 minutes after my epidural, I was 9cm dilated. My mom finally came, but my husband decided to leave and go smoke!! The hospital couldn’t get ahold of my doctor, so they were preparing to give birth without her.

I started crowning and then both my husband and doctor walked in at the same time. As soon as the doctor walked in, she put gloves on and started prepping me for birth. I pushed for about 5 minutes, then out popped my beautiful daughter! I didn’t even know I was pushing, I couldn’t feel a thing!!! I didn’t even know I had her until she was in my arms! Sarafina was born 5.5 pounds at 7:05am June 17th, 2018😋

Here she is at 3 months old💕