Very Unique Situation. Input greatly appreciated

becca

Hello everyone.

I am blessed to say that I am the lucky mother of 4 amazing kids. We have an eight year old girl, a four year old boy, a one year old girl, and a 3 month old little boy, two of our four kids are special needs. My oldest has a rare genetic mutation (therefor it is not inherited from us) and is extremely high functioning, she can walk, talk, eat, potty trained, and she’s mainstreamed into school but has a lower IQ. Her quality of life is amazing. Our youngest has some very complex health issues and we do not know how long he will be with us. After many tests the doctors have no diagnosis only a poor outlook for his future. Which leads me to where I am today. My husband and I, God willing, would love to have more children and we think we are ready to try again. In the midst of this tragedy I feel like a baby is a light at the end of a very dark tunnel, our rainbow for months and months of heart ache. Regardless of the outcome with my poor sweet boy we would have wanted more. With that being said this is obviously a very complex situation because potentially what my son has could come from a recessive gene which would mean there is as high as a 25% chance this could happen to our next baby. My husband is 100% willing to take that risk and says we have 3 healthy kids so the outlook looks good for our children to come. I guess I would like any input and as many prayers as possible while we navigate through this time. One thing that has really stayed in my mind is how greatly we are already blessed with 4 beautiful baby’s.

J