Pretty much broke my heart

Tiffany

I’m a teacher at a middle school, and something happened to me today. I was dealing with a disrespectful teenage boy, and he said something that absolutely broke me. Please keep in mind I have been dealing with his smart mouth, talking back and just out right disrespect all week and I’ve given chance after chance. Well today he just kept on and I told him “ you are being disrespectful, I am an adult and you are not going to talk to me like that and you are not going to continue to be disrespectful”. He argued with me of course and kept trying to argue with me and I told him to stop arguing with me and just say yes ma’am. He then replied to me “ at least I’m not going to die of obesity”. Y’all I am here to tell you that hit me hard. Now I am usually not sensitive at all and it takes a lot to hurt my feelings. I’ve had people make comments on my weight before in my life and it never bothered me too bad because I mean I know im on the fluffy side, it’s not like I don’t know my size. But my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now and have not been successful. A couple years ago I developed a thyroid problem and I put I out on a bunch of weight and now I also have PCOS. My doctor says I need to loose weight and I will probably get pregnant. I have lost some ( about 20 pounds) but not a huge substantial amount. It has been hard. So I have been doing the research and decided to get the gastric sleeve surgery done. Well I had an appt this week and found out I can not get the surgery because I’m a state employee and our insurance does not cover that. Because of this, this has been such a hard week for me. That was my hope, and my tool to success, I was very eager to get it done and be in the right track. Just something to help me. Anyways with all of this weight stuff going on, my student said that to me and I literally cried for an hour after, it really cut deep and hit hard. Now here I am hours later and it’s still all I can think about. Anyways I guess there wasn’t really a point to this post, I just needed to share and this was the best place to do so. I wanted to share with other women who are plus size and know some of the struggles of being a plus woman. My heart is just really broken right now.