Girls can too

Brooke

Today I went into my coaches office and told him I want to play football

He had the biggest grin on his face and was so excited.

I’m going to be a D***** Warhorse

(School name blocked for privacy)

However.. my mom and my sister are completely against this and made it very clear that they were not only going to miss every game, but also make this as hard as possible for me.

My dad is on my side and my best friend and her family are already making shirts lol

Her brother even offered to help me as much as he could (he was a receiver last year..graduated)

I guess you could say I’m nervous about the contact but also really excited. I’ve loved football all my life and have always wanted this chance.

The reason I am posting is to get some advice on playing in a male dominated sport and also to get some workout ideas.

Also for the ladies who know their football, I am 5’8.5 and like 210. I have a lot of muscle which is where now if my weight comes from. I am not skinny, I’ll attach a pic below. I am not very fast but with work I can be average I guess. I’m just now getting into a hardcore workout and have around 9 months to prepare. I want to see what position my body and skill would work best in. Im not sure if I’m big enough to be a lineman. I doubt I’ll be a receiver. I do have a really good arm and maybe could be quarter (similar to Ben Roethlisberger, a larger quarterback who has no business running the ball unless absolutely necessary)