Broken Family...

Aspen • • Faith & Happiness •

I lost my dad 2 days ago and I’m really not sure how life moves on from here at this point. It’s always just been him, my mom, and I. That’s all I’ve ever known. I have such an emptiness and feeling of lostness. I feel so alone. My mom is a little more emotional than I am and is able to cry things out when she needs to. I’m not really that way or know how to be that way. My dad raised me to “shake off” my emotions and to just suck them up and keep going like everything’s normal. I don’t know who to really talk to, to try to help me. It’s almost as if they can’t. I try talking to my SO about it and he really doesn’t understand. He has a big family and even an extended family due to having a best friend of 20+ years. I can’t talk to my best friend, shes 2000 miles away. I’m so lost, I’m so hurt, I’m so alone. My parents are all I had. That all I could call my own.

I guess what I’m asking at this point is if any of you guys lost a family member that you were super close to, what did you do to help you feel better? Or if there’s any advice, I could really use it right now ...

Here’s a picture of my family and I