It’s 3am whys he online on FB

So this Facebook messenger has been a problem/topic several times in the past of saying my bf or I was online even after we had said goodnight and gone to sleep.

Then we came to realize that it’s not always an accurate status bc sometimes when I was with him in bed it would say he’s online but he was right next to me sleeping🤷🏼‍♀️ but of course he would be awake and on his phone 20-40 mins before hand is prob why it still said online from earlier

What I don’t get was how he said he was falling asleep so went to bed I said goodnight at 12am went to sleep woke up at 3 to use th bathroom I glanced @ my phone n see that’s he’s online?? Means he must have been online a couple of mins to an hour ago? What’s he doing up at 2 or 3am 🤔

It would never just say online out of nowhere if he wasn’t a couple of mins ago? So he must have been online bc if he was still up after we said goodnight it still wouldn’t show he’s online for this long till 3 and now it’s 6am he’s still online 🤔

HAS this happened to anyone and come to find out it was totally inaccurate. It’s just Iv been using messenger for so long I know how it operates. It’s not always accurate but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t just say online if he wasn’t on his phone for this long since he said he went to sleep?