We were advised to get a pet

Destiny

A doctor friend mentioned that we might be surprised at the pros of getting something interactive and maybe fluffy to help stimulate our little one and also as an emotional support outside of ourselves. He's still too young for it really to matter but I figured while I'm staying home with him and up every 2 hours to feed him anyways what better time to start housetraining a new puppy! 😂 The baby's feeds will be the puppy's potty clock and I don't have to worry about forgetting to take him out. Besides, wouldn't it be best to introduce them as bubs and let them grow up familiar with one another? And his big brother is 4 and has been begging for a dog since he learned the word for them, lol! So we've been searching for the lucky pup who'll be our big family Christmas surprise for the year. Anyways I was wondering, what are your thoughts and experiences? Had anybody mentioned the benefits of a pet for children with disabilities to you when your little ones were diagnosed? I thought it was interesting and honestly I think it makes a lot of sense.