What would you have done had this happened to you?

Your baby has a doctor appointment. You knew it was supposed to storm, but it’s only been raining a little off and on all day. Before you start the vehicle, your mother sends you a text to remind you to ask the doctor a question. You lay the phone in the passenger seat with the message still open. You look in the rear view mirror and baby is sound asleep. You’re driving and the rain starts coming down a bit harder. You finally get to the road the doctor’s office is on and you can only see shadows of the trees and it’s raining so hard, it looks like fog. You make it to the parking lot, you glance down and see another message that says “stay there until the storm is over. Tornado warning.”

At this point, the rain comes down even harder, and the wind starts swaying the trees but you can’t see anything except a few cars and the front of the building. The wind picks up even more and you’ve never seen a tornado, and the wind made it seem like there was one coming half a mile away. Then the storm sirens start going off.

What would you have done?

**This happened to me the other day. I parked in a handicapped spot, the wind swung the door open when I barely opened it. I felt the wind would have blown the car seat out of my hand, so I just unbuckled him and covered him with my jacket and ran into the building. The whole time I was thinking it was a tornado and we weren’t going to make it. I didn’t even realize I closed the car doors, but thankfully I did. I got inside and the nurse said “you got soaked!” I explained and she said we were only under a severe thunderstorm warning. I said the sirens were going off, but she said they go off for severe storms too. I didn’t know that. She looked at me like I was stupid. I took my baby and sat down in the waiting areas and looked out the window and it had already stopped raining. I was soaked. My baby was a little wet from my clothes.

I felt so stupid. And like a horrible mom for my baby getting wet. 😰