Discipline

Brittany

Alright ladies. We now have our little one year olds who (mostly) are running around getting in to everything. Well in our house we have everything baby proofed, but our internet cord is smack dab in the middle of our living room and there isnt much we can do to baby proof it. I've seen plastic boxes that could cover it online but my husband doesnt want to bother with it as we are moving in 6 months and he doesnt see the point. Just scold our child when she goes for it.

Well that's the kicker. I obviously wont hit or spank her, but I'm trying to get her to understand that she cannot touch or pull on the cord. She understands the word "no" but still goes after it. She thinks it's a game 🤦‍♀️. I grab her and take her from it while saying "no, we dont touch that" and this girl giggles and thinks it's the FUNNIEST thing. While it's cute in the moment, she really needs to learn not to go after or touch it. Anyone have any advice on how to discipline or help her understand that it's not ok for her to touch?