I guess it's my turn to finally tell my story

I guess it's my turn to finally tell my story. I waited 40 weeks and 2 days to meet my daughter. Saturday jan 5th I decided I was done being pregnant I was 40 weeks and 1 day and I was more than ready to meet my daughter. I picked up my mom and we decided to walk the mall we walked 6 miles with a few contractions in between. Finally Saturday evening I started having contractions they were strong (I thought they were strong at the time) and coming every 4 minutes pretty consistently so I called l&d and they told me to come on in. I went in and got checked and I was only 3cm high cervix and baby wasnt engaged at all and my contractions started tapering off so they gave me sleeping medicine and told me to go home and rest I was so bummed. I got home around 1230 am and laid down and not even 5 minutes later I got the worst contraction I had ever felt I jumped out of bed and tried laying on the couch and the contractions started coming and coming in hard I've never felt so much pain in my life and they were coming in every 2 and a half minutes! I called my mom crying in pain and told her what was happening and she told me to wake up my boyfriend and go back and shed meet us there. I didnt even have to wake my boyfriend up he woke up from my screaming it was so painful. We drove back I was so scared they were going to just send us home again and I was in the worst pain I had ever felt in my life. We got there they hooked me up to the monitor the first contraction I had went off the charts they checked me I was 4cm low cervix and she was fully engaged this was an hour after I left the first time so your labor can change fast the midwife told me I was having a baby.. I cried I was so relieved lol by that point I was begging for an epidural once i got the epidural the labor was pretty uneventful they checked me again a few hours later hoping I'd at least be 6cm and I was 8! They broke my water an hour later then I pushed for 40 minutes and she was here on January 6th at 1:05 pm!