Panorama Testing: Inconclusive Results

Julia

UPDATE

Heard back today (a week after my second test) that the results were once again inconclusive. They are refunding my payment as the test was unsuccessful and they are not recommending another one.

-

They are now going with the traditional 1st trimester testing - bloodwork and an ultrasound

-

I am 12+3 today and haven’t had an ultrasound for about three weeks.

-

I’m freaking out. Really hoping it’s because I’m overweight and not that the baby has stopped growing.

-

Anyone had his happen to them, then gone on to get positive results? I can’t get in for an ultrasound until tomorrow. It’s going to be a long 24 hours.

—————————

ORIGINAL

Did a panorama test (NIPT) via LifeLabs (I’m in Canada) last Monday when I was 10+3 weeks. I got a call from the lab today that my results were inconclusive and that I should go back for a blood redraw.

I went in today at 11+3 weeks for the redraw and hope this one works.

-

They weren’t really helpful in providing context on what may have happened or what to expect, so I turned to Google.

Looks like inconclusive results happen when they can’t get a high enough percentage of fetal DNA from your blood. Some mentioned that it’s more likely to happen to those who are overweight. I’m 5”8’ and 280 so this is a factor in my results.

-

Wondering if any others had the same happen to them? Did the second blood draw work? If no, did you do a third? Did they give you a refund?

-

Would also love to hear from those that are overweight and were able to get the results. Beginning to wonder if this all is going to be a waste of time and money.