Feeling a little insecure - Looking for reassurance

Tayla

(I am 19 years old) I have confidence in my looks to an extent, as I am very fit and would consider my self facially good looking. (I work out often for a competitive sport). Although, I know as much as others, there are some really good looking girls out there.

I have been dating my boyfriend for getting on 3 years now, and am happy. There isn’t any huge issue we have had. Of course we have had some small disagreements along the way. Who hasn’t.

Anyway, I have found he isn’t the type to complement how I look or tell me how he feels towards me. I feel I would love to hear this reassurance. It may sound petty but I would love to just hear (like any girl would) that they look pretty. I have the odd message from guys saying they think I am attractive and when I oddly go to town I hear the same thing. I really get a buzz from this, but start to feel a little sad I do not hear it from my boyfriend.

I have spoken to my boyfriend about exactly this, telling him how I feel, and he listened. Although things went back to exactly the same and still I’m looking for any comment. I know it’s probably petty but it would mean more hearing it from the person you love.

This I guess may be a little more petty and I don’t want anyone thinking I’m looking too far into this... but a girl can’t help herself 😅. On his insta we have mutual friends and he is constantly liking the pictures of this particular girl (who I would consider) Very good looking. Although she is more of a distant friend who he doesn’t see, and it was me who went to school with her.

I guess I feel by him religiously liking ALL her photos which are mostly very sexy, it hits closer to home. I don’t want to say anything as I feel I can’t and it will just make him think I am psycho or something.

I think I feel this way because he doesn’t reassure me on his feelings towards me. So when I see he likes her pictures or pictures of models, I guess I quietly hurt. I know this may be what most boys do... I’m just feeling a little low.