She’s here!! 💕

Jordan

I went in for a scheduled induction due to my history with minor heart trouble on 1/23 when I was 39 weeks and 2 days. 25 hours later, after 9 hours of active labor and a little over an hour of pushing, Aurora Jones Boyd came into the world on 1//5 at 1:04 AM!! She came our 8lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long, and we couldn’t be more in love ❤️

She got a little too much amniotic fluid in her lungs, and mine was apparently thicker than normal, so she had to go to the NICU where she stayed for just under 48 hours. Once they got her lungs cleared out and she was breathing well on her own, her blood sugar was too low and they had to supplement with formula because my milk hadn’t come in yet. After about 24 hours or so with the formula as her main source of nutrients and latching onto my breast a few times successfully, her glucose levels were stabilized and we were finally able to bring her back to our room.

We came home 1/27, but had to get a bili blanket (small rectangular portable jaundice light) from our pediatrician to try and lower her bilirubin levels. We went back to the pediatrician this morning to see how she’s doing, and her levels have stopped increasing but haven’t decreased yet so we have one more day with the light. Hopefully we’ll be done with it after our appointment tomorrow morning!

We’re currently only breastfeeding, but having trouble getting her to sleep at night without being held, so we have a little bit of formula from the hospital that we may end up using tonight in between breast feedings to help her (and us) get some sleep if my milk hasn’t come in better by then.

We are overjoyed and beyond thankful for our little bundle of joy!!