My Mom Fail Of The Week

paige

So my toddler is doing the whole getting out of bed the second I get to the end of the hall. I’m trying all the tricks, and being pregnant, super sick and exhausted doesn’t help. Nothing is working so far, but pretty much everything says not to talk to them and just keep putting them back to bed over and over again until they don’t get out of bed for the night

A few nights ago though I thought I’d cheat the system and just ignore him. There are gates at the entrances of my hallways to keep my dogs off the carpet, if they are closed he can’t open them. My plan was if I sit just right at the dining room table he can’t see me, he will get tired of standing at the gates waiting for me and magically just go back to bed!!

So I start my plan, he comes to the gate, can’t see me and starts playing in the Hallway in front of the gate..... but then it gets quiet and of course my first thought is YEEEEEESSSSSS IT WORKED!!!! 🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️

I got up about 20 minutes later (wanted to make sure he was in a nice deep sleep) to go check on him in bed, just sneak a quick peak. 👀 I had to walk past my 13 year old stepsons room in order to get to my sons room. When I get to my littles room he’s not in there so I thought maybe he was just being sneaky and got in our bed instead. But NOPE he wasn’t there, (insert hysteria here) where the hell was my baby?!

Homeboy was in my stepsons room watching Mickey Freaking Mouse Clubhouse with a box of Cheese it’s in one hand and the other hand was down his pants 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

I didn’t even know the tv was on let alone the fact that he knew how to turn it on!!!! He was sooo proud of himself!!!

Y’all I really thought I had won this round!! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

P.S. if you have any tips other than duct taping him to the bed I would gladly appreciate it!