Just need to vent.

Hey ladies, a little background on me I’ve been pregnant 8 times.

I have 2 living children and I am currently 33 weeks pregnant.

I’ve miscarried 3 times, had 1 ectopic causing me to lose my right tube and 1 missed miscarriage at 11 weeks that ended in a horrible D&C where I lost a lot of blood and needed 2 units of blood. Needless to say I’ve been through hell. And why? Because my 2 living children are girls and we wanted to complete our family with a third baby and we were really hoping for a baby boy (mostly my hubby so he could have his son) but in reality we didn’t care we just wanted that 3rd baby to complete our family. (I always wanted a big family because I was an only child.) well fast forward, my sister in-law is now pregnant and they just found out it’s a boy. (By the way baby # 3 is you guessed a girl) when I initially found out they were having a boy I was happy for them but when I had picked up the scan I had mentioned that the ultrasound of the “penis” looked kinda like a swollen vagina (it had 3 lines and kinda looked like a teepee shape not really to much like a penis. (I didn’t say it didn’t look like a penis I just mentioned the 3 lines thing) and since then my mom has mentioned twice that I’m jealous or resentful because we tried so many times and got 3 girls. Which really pisses me off and is eating at me because 1. I can care less the gender of my babies we just wanted 3.

2. I love the idea of having 3 girls who will grow into my best friends.

3. After all I’ve been through I’m just happy to have a healthy baby growing in my belly and I’m happy I’m healthy and doing well.

But still it bothers me because my simple comment was just me stating what I’ve personally learned. And then my mom turns around making it sound like I am resentful. 😡 and I guarantee my in-laws are saying the same thing.

Maybe if it was a year ago and I was recovering from my D&C gone wrong I’d say I was resentful, but I am carrying a healthy baby, something I didn’t think I’d get to do again... I don’t give a shit what I’m having I’m just grateful I’m still alive and able to enjoy my last pregnancy. It just makes me grumpy that that’s what my moms thinking.

(Might I add my best friend is 30 weeks pregnant and having a boy also and I’m tickled shitless for her) and if my sister in-laws 20 week scan comes back looking like a boy I’ll bee tickled shitless for her also, but in my opinion it didn’t look like a penis just a swollen vajay.

If you made it this far thanks for listening to my rant.