I feel so guilty

Basically I’m helping a friend sneak around her boyfriend. Even tho he’s a piece of shit, I feel guilty bc I’ve been in his shoes.

Tomorrow night we’re going to have drinks at a bar with a few of her coworkers and her bf is threatened by one of the males. She asked me to tag along so it didn’t seem like anything intimate was happening between them. She’s really only going out to drink with him. And I’m a cover up basically.

My best friend honestly deserves someone better than her current boyfriend but I can’t help but feel guilty that she’s getting to know someone while she’s still with him. She swears she’s not interested and she only wants to be friends. That her bf won’t even let her have friends of the opposite sex. I believe her but it still feels wrong.

I’ve been cheated on and my bf at the time cheated with a coworker I had suspicions abt. I turned out to be right. I hope my friend’s situation doesn’t turn out the same. I just have an uneasy feeling abt this whole thing.

Am I overreacting? I’d love someone else perspective on this. Should I talk to my friend abt it. I don’t want to offend bc she already said it’s not like that.

Honestly Idk what type of advice I’m looking for. I guess I needed to vent out the guilt.

Also something I just remembered. She deletes her texts that has anything to do with the topic of her coworker.

And the reason I say he’s a shit bf is bc my friend is depressed and has body dysmorphia and he’s really insensitive to that. She cries a lot bc of things he says to her. He’s gaslights and manipulates her into forgiving him but she always has to apologize. I’d love for her to meet someone new but I don’t want her to cheat.