Knowing I’m putting myself in a sticky situation

goofygirlgg

should I go to prom with this person? HELP

He’s been for friend for a while, always had a crush on me but I didn’t like him that way and I said maybe later on, today is later on. He’s changed according to other people who have been going to school with him but he’s the same with me at least. He’s a really nice guy. I finally agreed to go to prom with him. What was holding me back was I didn’t want to lead him on so I clarified that we were going as friends but he said we’ll see. I talked to his old friend and he stated some valid reasons why they weren’t friends anymore and it made me realize if my prom date is just putting up a front for me being all nice orrrr if he really is the guy his old friend described him as. He already bought his tux and I just don’t want to back out bc I already did that to he before freshman year I broke up with him after a week cause I’m not physically attracted to him. I know u don’t have to b that way u could go as friends but I think he’s planning on having time alone with me based off what the old friend told me... PLEASE HELP ME IDK WHAT TO DO