Due date approaching and I’m so scared

Lyndsey

Hi all!

So my due date is in 11 days and I’m freaking out. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so scared of anything in my life. I am overwhelmed with emotions and feelings. Fear of the birth and if I can handle this after the birth! Will I be a good mom? Will I do this right and figure it all out ? How will my marriage be ?

I thought I would feel super excited but I am just in massive anxiety. Does anyone else feel this way?? Why do I want her to stay inside ? Lol. I am also fearful of an empty feeling in my belly. I enjoy feeling her inside of me. I hear most people can’t wait to have the baby but I feel like I could use a few more months even though I am uncomfortable most of the time !

I would love to hear from others to put my mind at ease or feel less alone. I’m so worried I won’t be able to tell when labour starts is one fear. Another is dealing with my own health issues and a newborn...

I found out I was pregnant after years of infertility and chronic health problems. I am still in shock, but feel very blessed of course and grateful for my baby! My mom was also diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer just days before I found out I was pregnant and I am managing care giving for her as well. I hope I can handle all of this, plus sleep deprivation seems to be my number one fear of all, is this normal!???

Love and positive vibes to all! 💜

Lynds