Sisters in law stole from me?

So I had my two sisters in law stay over night this past weekend. They are 15 and 18. I took them to target and when we got back in the car, they both very casually told me that they stole sunglasses and necklaces.

I was kinda shocked but didn’t say anything, I’m kinda regretting it.

The next day, I noticed that $40 were missing from a wad of money that was on the kitchen table. I live with my parents and they’re out of town, they left $160 for food.

My fiancé used $40 to pay for pizza, and that was all we had spent. So we should have had $120 left, but it was only $80. It’s just my fiancé, my brother and I home for the week, and nobody else touched the money. My fiancé didn’t even know it was there until I pointed it out to pay the pizza guy. My little brother took a $20 when he went to the movie, but put it back when it wasn’t used.

My fiancé texted the girls and asked if either of them had taken it, to which the older replied “I’m not a thief, pretty hurt you’d ask. Meg doesn’t have it by accident? Ask her brother.”

Idk if it’s just me, but to get defensive and defer to me and my brother seems odd. And to say she’s not a thief when she and her sister literally stole the night before pisses me off.

Obviously I can’t prove they did or didn’t take it, and what’s done is done, but I can’t help but feel angry at them.

Should I question them further or put it behind me?