Announced my baby’s name too soon and now I want to change it. I feel so stupid.

Shayne • 🌈💙Ezra 3.17.18💙- 💗Salem 10.1.19💗

So. Husband and I had a boy name and two top girl names. We were shocked and so happy and BEYOND excited to find out we were having a girl that as soon as we found out..... we picked one of the names and announced to EVERYONE on Facebook and Instagram and called family and friends. It hasn’t even been a week and I already am realizing that I’m much more attached to the other name than the one we announced. The name we announced has so much meaning to us that we were like yes we will choose this because it has so much meaning to our lives and we made a whole long post and speech about why that’s her name. Now, as much as I LOVE the name and the meaning behind it, I’m realizing that it’s just not my babies name and the other one is. I’m mostly just SO embarrassed that I was so impulsive in picking a name and so excited to announce a name to family and friends. Now I feel mortified having to let everyone know that in less than a week I’ve changed my mind. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ I just don’t want people going on thinking this is her named when I’ve changed it, ya know?

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Please tell me I’m not the massive #parentfail that I feel like I am right now.