The Journey Continues

Pam • 👼🏻👼🏻👶🏻🤰🏼

In December 2017 my partner and I started TTC. On our first try we were blessed with a positive test, only to experience the heart wrenching reality of a MMC at 13.5weeks in March of 2018. Flash forward to August of last year, and, after 4 months of healing, we decided to try again. In the second cycle, we were over the moon (and terrified) to have gotten pregnant again. Unfortunately, we had a second MMC at 8.5weeks in November. After several months of healing, we gained the courage to try yet again. We were coming up on my fertile window, when an unexpected health setback arose, to which my Dr. prescribed me some medication. Three months ago when she told me it would not be safe to TTC while on this medication, I went home and cried for what seemed like forever. What I wanted more than anything was the opportunity to try again. Despite the terror of potentially losing another baby, I was willing to face this fear in the hopes that I would be rewarded with the best gift a person can hope for; a healthy child.

I was given a 4 month prescription and told that my situation could be re-evaluated after that. After a day of drowning in my own sorrows, I decided to make a change. I knew that nothing was going to change the fact that I had to wait at least 4 months to TTC. So since then I’ve been working to make my body the best it can be. I started going to the gym 5 to 6 times a week. I started eating more vegetables, drinking more water, taking pre-natals EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I started sleeping 8 hours at night, and making healthy meals with my partner from scratch. In 2 weeks, my 4 month wait is up. I couldn’t tell you how much weight I’ve lost because I haven’t stepped on a scale, but I wholeheartedly believe that this “setback” was a blessing in disguise. I never would have taken the initiative to get so healthy with so much passion if I hadn’t been given that upsetting news almost 4 months ago. I feel the best that I’ve felt in a very long time.

As the song goes; You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need. I can’t wait to go see my Dr. in a few weeks to hear what she has to say and pray I get the opportunity to TTC once again. So many of my friends have had children or announced their pregnancies in the 18 months since I started my TTC journey, but I have a feeling that my time is near. My other-half of almost 5 years has an optimistic outlook as well 🥰

Here’s to a sticky bean for all of us! 🙏🏻❤️My heart is truly with all of you ladies and your partners. We are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for, and I find strength and courage when I read about your journeys.

Love and Baby Dust ❤️❤️❤️✨✨✨