Give up or see what happens?

BG: I’m a 32 year old single mom of a 12 year old. I recently ended a 5 year relationship with someone, and I’m excited to get back out there and find someone more compatible with me.

I met a man online a few weeks ago. We made small talk for a couple of weeks, and then he asked me out for a specific date and time. Side note on this, because it’s important, he’s from Puerto Rico. Anyway, we went out and had a good time, about 4 times. He always seems a bit nervous, but I assumed that had to do with his English being a little rocky. He has young kids from a past marriage whom he spends a lot of time with, so his dating time is limited. I have no issues with this, of course. My problem is that we still talk rather regularly, and he’ll say let’s get together this weekend, or something will come up that we both want to try or do, and he’ll say “let’s make plans”...but it doesn’t happen. I’m not sitting around waiting for his call, but he said on Monday we’ll do something this weekend. I never heard anything else about it so I made other plans, but it’s bothering me. We have a good time together, and we talk about doing things in the future, but he flakes and I’m not about to press it or ask what’s going on. At this point I feel like I should stop wasting my time even talking to him even though I think he’s great but here’s what’s stopping me:

1: Is this cultural? Do Puerto Rican men court differently?

2: We talk about all the things we want to do together this summer. Like I said, I’m living life and making plans otherwise, but is it fair to cut this off right now, or do I wait and see what happens?

3: I actually really like him. lol