Finally had my baby!

Rae • 22 and mommy to baby Weston May 27, 2019💙👶🏻

I was due May 19th but he wasn’t ready and decided to come May 27th. I got induced at 8pm May 26th they inserted cytotec vaginally and I had high levels of amniotic fluid so they placed a foley balloon to prevent my waters from gushing out when they broke because they didn’t want the cord to come out with it and they thought the best thing would be to place a balloon so when they take the balloon out they can slowly drain the water by hand. When I got to the hospital I was 2.5cm dilated. Within an hour of having the balloon and cytotec I was dilated to a 4.5 and having full blown contractions so I requested the epidural. I RECOMMEND THE EPIDURAL IT WAS A GOD SEND! I was TERRIFIED to get it because I’m terrified of needles but honestly getting an IV hurt WAY MORE than the epidural did! After the epidural they checked me again around midnight and I was dilated to a 6.5 so I got some sleep his heart rate kept dropping so they came in at 3:30 am to place internal monitors and checked me again I was still at a 6.5. 10am rolled around and I could feel his head pushing on the internal monitors and I kept telling my nurse I could feel him pushing the monitors and it felt like he was gonna push them out she ignored me pretty much and I had a different nurse come in at shift change and I told her the same thing so she checked me and I was at 9cm I asked if I could just try pushing because I just wanted him out and didn’t wanna wait anymore so she agreed we did a few practice pushed she said it looks good and if I wanted to really push at my next contraction we could possibly have a baby at noon. I laughed and said no he needs to be out by 11:15 is what I’m giving him she said well don’t get discouraged if it doesn’t happen right away lots of first time moms push for hours well I pushed one time and he was out by 11:06 weighing 6pounds 10 ounces and 19 inches long. And gave momma a second degree tear! BUT it was all so worth it and I am OVER THE MOON!