Help!!!!

My 1 year old has been waking up at night and having the hardest time getting back to sleep. He’ll toss and turn with his eyes closed and then scream and cry. I’ll try to get him back to sleep, he’ll be almost there and then go right back to crying. I’ll give him some milk and he’ll drink it and it’ll seem like he’s on his way back to sleep but then it doesn’t work. My husbands like does he want more milk and I’m like no he just wants to be sleep. So eventually after we both try for like an hour or so my husband will take him downstairs and he says he always goes right to sleep because it’s cooled down there. My son only seems to do this during the week when we have to get up early so idk if he’s sleeping too much during the day at daycare or what because they’re always like “he slept long today”. So idk if it’s a good idea to limit his naps... I know on the weekends he’ll take his last nap and wake up at about 2 maybe 3pm and then be okay to go to bed around 9/9:30 and sleep until 9 or 10am. During the week we wake up at about 6:30am so idk if he needs to go to bed earlier on the week days.. I just don’t want him going to bed at like 7 during the week and then wake up at 3am and stay awake. I’m just confused as to what to do so we don’t have these nights where we’re up from 2-4am like right now....