I’m a Horrible Person

So yesterday, I got in contact with a guy who I used to flirt (sext) with from time to time. He is married now. I was informed while we were catching up that he is polyamorous and that his wife has joined this lifestyle. I don’t judge I have other friends who are poly and in an array of lifestyles. For those who don’t know the definition of polyamory: it is the practice of, or desire for, intimate relationships with more than one partner, with the consent of all partners involved. It has been described as "consensual, ethical, and responsible non-monogamy.” So, after awhile we fell into old way flirting, light sexting. All the while I was under the impression that his wife knew, had consented to this, and was okay. After he didn’t message me for about an hour I thought nothing of it. I received a video chat request from him so I answer it. It’s his wife. She is yelling at me. She is pissed. That’s when I knew that he had lied. I trusted him and he lied. I feel awful. And have already received threats that I’m going to get my ass beat. What do I do? I am ashamed and I feel disgusting.