Someone help me figure out what's going on? ASAP

Okay so yesterday I began spotting? My period is supposed to start tomorrow so I was kind of freaking out. I've done some research, and it's kind of starting to ease me. This whole week and some of last week I've been stressed to the absolute max ( this is literally the most stressed I have ever been) and apparently extreme stress can cause spotting. Another thing I discovered was that it can he a normal thing with periods, even though it has never happened to me before. I had also seen things that said if I was actually having implantation bleeding it would have been a few days earlier than yesterday, since I had around 2 days until I was supposed to start. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this, but my periods can be irregular. Some things like online tests and articles are telling me I'm fine, but its still kind of worrying me? I've had no pregnancy symptoms. I dont have cramps, tender breasts, no increased urination or appetite. I'm really not sure and I dont want to take a pregnancy test before waiting it out however I'm still too curious. Any ideas on what it could be?