How to work through things with my boyfriend?

Anna

I’m in a tough situation right now and I’m lost at what to do. My boyfriend had told me several days ago that someone told him something that changed his perspective on a lot of things and that he wasn’t sure about a lot in his life anymore. Of course this upset me and led me to believe that he just wanted to break up with me. He told me he didn’t want to break up he just didn’t know what the right choices were in his life. He’s really questioning some things in his life and even though he doesn’t feel comfortable telling me the specifics, I want to be there for him. I got super angry, frustrated, and sad last night because I’m having horrible withdrawals from not seeing him in person or over the phone for almost 2 weeks. Anyways, I sent him a message telling him goodbye, but I instantly regretted it. I love this man with all of my heart, i couldn’t just stop caring about him like that so I apologized. He told me he still loved me and that it wasn’t that he didn’t want to not be with me but that he just didn’t know the right decisions to make. I understand, and I want to be there for him. I’m willing to talk things through, I don’t care how long it takes because I am so in love with him. But how do I get use to not talking to him as much and him not being as emotional as before? I know it’s going to take time for him to go back to normal but it’s kind of hard. I just want to show him I care by staying by his side through this process. Thank you!