Holidays Planning😖

Anyone else here driven crazy trying to negotiate and compromise on holiday plans with their significant other? We live close to my in laws ( my family are on another continent), so my husband feels like if we’re around we should make every effort to see them for Easter, birthdays, mothers/Father’s Day. Also reinforced that thanksgiving and Xmas are important to him so that needs to be considered. I’m driven crazy because I come from a family that likes when we’re there for special occasions but don’t hold us to ransom or guilt trip when we’re not. I also don’t care much about thanksgiving or Xmas and would much rather spend some of those holidays on vacation, going somewhere cool and exciting cos I love to travel and have paid time off during those holidays. He feels like we spend enough time together to forgo spending those holidays together just the two of us. I feel like he can’t break away from his family of origin and has never proposed spending holidays ‘our way’, it always entails going to his parents and doing what they want so they’ll never have to acknowledge that their son has grown up and has a life of his own now that might look contrary to theirs. Hellpppp!