First car crash

Jaidyn

This happened this morning and I am writing this as it is still raw. I was headed to work this morning. I wasn’t in a rush and I was just driving. It had rained earlier and the roads were still wet. I was headed around a turn and lost control of my car. Easily the scariest moment of my entire life. Me, a 16 year old who just got her license two months before, was now sliding straight into a ditch. Braking was doing nothing because of the wet ground. I went into a ten foot ditch. The thing that stopped me was a tree. My passenger airbags deployed and my steering wheel airbag. I remember thinking “oh my god this is not happening” this isn’t supposed to happen to me. I was terrified. My car was filled with thick, smoke like dust. Apparently that was from the airbags. I must’ve unbuckled and started screaming. My engine was still running and I thought “oh my god it’s gonna blow up!” I took my key out and tried to open my door but it was locked. I was in such a panic that I couldn’t figure out how to manually open my door. A nice lady heard the crash and was coming towards my car. I started looking for my phone because I needed to call my mom. During all of this I am hysterically crying. I find my phone and call my mom. I was only 2-3 miles from my house. Cell reception is bad on my road so my mom started panicking. I decide to climb into my backseat to get out. The lady tries to calm me down and tells me to open my door. I figure out how to open my door start to climb out. The lady called 911 and I stood on the side of the road with her as we waited for end and my mom to get there. My mom was just relieved that I was okay. I walked away from all of it with just a small abrasion on my arm. Definitely didn’t make it to work and I’m scared to ever drive again. I’ll be including pictures of the wreck. Angels were definitely watching over me today.