Just a little kinda sad story

Jae

So I’m in the 9th grade and last year in the 8th grade this girl came in. I didn’t think anything of it because we get new students every year but this girl was different...she doesn’t speak English nothing wrong with that. So 8th grade passed and 9th grade started and I had a couple classes with her, she seems like a really nice girl it’s just...I can’t talk to her because I don’t speak Spanish and not many other people in my school do not even some of the teachers so she has to sit there silently because our teacher doesn’t speak Spanish so fast forward a couple weeks me snd my family went to eat at the Mexican restaurant we always do. I saw her working there and my first thought was “oh my gosh she’s too young to be working” she’s only 14 or 15. I understand that they work this young (and younger) in different countries but my heart can’t help but to ache for her. She came to a whole different country and she doesn’t speak the language very well. I’ve only heard her say maybe 3 words in English. She probably feels alone at school because our school doesn’t care enough to get her a translator. I try to make her feel as welcome as I can. Whenever I see her I smile at her and she smiles at me. I couldn’t even imagine being in her shoes. I know that I’m probably making this a bigger deal then it is but I just wanted to share this with someone.