What the what

Elll

Ladies, any positive feedback? Insight?

I’ve been using OPKs and tracking my CM for two months while I’ve been tracking my cycle for 6 mos. Before you say “it takes a year,” hear me out.

I’ll be 38 on Saturday. I have leukemia and have been on treatment for 3 years. We didn’t get the doctors approval to go off treatment until this summer but I have a very limited window before l’ll need to go back on meds (not baby making friendly meds - cytotoxic cancer meds). So time isn’t my friend.

I have very reliable 25/26 day cycles. I think I ovulated on the 12th of this month. My period is now 3 days late with BFNs and on a whim I did an OPK today and it was positive. What!? I’ve never missed a period but now, when I’m on a crucial baby making time frame my body is just going to go bonkers on me?

Moving forward

(1.) Do I absolutely need to track my temps? Saliva? In addition to OPKs and CM

I have a high risk maternal health doctor and an endocrinologist - (2) should I solicit their help in making sure my body is doing what it’s supposed to be doing? The OB just said to cal back when I’m pregnant? My oncologist seems to think I’m an idiot and that I don’t understand when my body ovulates as he was shocked I’m still not pregnant (dudes, sigh).

(3) can my body just skip a period and ovulate again?

And no I’m not dying, I just have incurable yet treatable leukemia. 💪

Thanks for any wisdom you want to throw my way. 😘