Advice? Considering induction 41wks

Tahnaya • 24. Married 💍👼🏼👼🏼 Mama 👶🏼🌹

So tomorrow I’m 41 weeks 🙄 and I have an appointment with an OB to talk about induction.

I’m a FTM and I REALLY want to experience going into labour naturally.. but I’ve been waiting every day this past week for nothing to happen and it’s made me really upset and frustrated with my body. My midwife told me they won’t let me go past 10 days overdue (I have gestational diabetes) and I’ve also read that the risk of birth complications go up after 41 weeks.

All I want is to have a healthy baby and do what’s best for her.

Is it worth waiting an extra few days to see if I go naturally or should I just go ahead and schedule an induction ASAP. I didn’t think I’d have to make this decision and I hate the thought of having to force my body into labour with synthetic hormones 😭

UPDATE:: everything with baby is fine. induction scheduled for 41+3 which was the latest they would let me... only 1cm dilated but got a stretch and sweep done so hopefully this allows enough time for baby to come on her own!