I want to have a baby

I am 22, I’m getting married in a few months, just before my 23 birthday. My fiancé and I are waiting until marriage, and he was just hired as a youth pastor. Money will be tight when we first get married and because of that I am getting a lot of pressure from our parents to take birth control. I have a laundry list of reasons I don’t want to take birth control and if we do want to avoid conceiving I want to try natural family planning. All that to say, I really want a baby and so does my fiancé. We will wait if we have to but family and some friends have made it clear that they think we are stupid for wanting kids right away.

I just needed to get this off my chest because we feel unsupported by our family.

Update to clarify:

We can “afford” to have kids, my dad is emotionally abusive and tries to control me using money. I mentioned money being tight because that is the reasoning my dad is using but my fiancé and I have budgeted to be prepared to have a baby whenever we decide to. Money is not actually an issue with this decision which is why I don’t feel supported (hence the post)