Being overweight = Low sex drive?

αs

I need some advice.

My SO and I have been together 6 1/2 years. Our sex life has always been wonderful. That has changed the past 5 or so months though. It's still amazing just not as often. We went from having sex at least 5 times a week to 5 times a month now if we are lucky.

Besides for 1 month, we went on vacation and spent 10 days having mind blowing sex. It was like a dream. 😀

Anyways, I think the reason my sex drive is decreasing is related to my overall health and weight. I'm back to my heaviest and I'm not happy about it. I have let myself go. I have noticed my sex drive is so low now or not even there most of the time. I think about my SO often, I think about sex, all the dirty things I want to do with him and how I want to jump him all the time. But once the time comes where I can initiate sex.. I just don't want to? I would rather cuddle and watch TV. I would rather make out and then go to bed. Like I'm too damn lazy, bloated and nasty to even do anything sexual.

It's frustrating.

The best way I can describe it is - if I feel gross about myself I think he will feel the same way about me. He will be turned off by me. Even though I know it isn't true. It's just hard to want to be sexy for somebody when you feel the opposite about yourself. I don't want him to think I'm not interested anymore or that I don't want him. Because I definitely do! I am just having a hard time at the moment.

I realized this was the problem and just talked to him about it Sunday. Got everything out in the open and I am already feeling better about it all overall. Now my next step is to start working on myself. I want to be healthy, happy and feel like ME again. And the hot dirty sex is definitely going to be a plus! Haha.

I am just wondering if this has happened to anybody else. What did you do to improve it? Any advice or comments are welcome. Thank you.