Birthday party disaster ):

Side note: we are a military family living overseas so we didn’t have any family to invite to our sons birthday party. We invited my husbands friends and their families and some of my friends and their families.

We invited over 30 people. 27 RSVPd yes, 6 people came including kids. This left us with far too much food, cake, money spent and time wasted wondering if/when these people would show up and what happened, instead of being settled and enjoying the party with the guest who did attend.

Everyone we invited knows one another as we have all attended events in the past together and we are all good friends! The sad part is the one wife that showed up asked where so and so was and I said idk, the wife texted so and so asking if she was coming and she said no I’m sick. Why couldn’t she text me telling me she’s been sick for 2 days and wasn’t coming? My husbands friend didn’t show up but was online playing video games, yet he didn’t text us to tell us that he and his family weren’t coming.

We also rented a bounce house for the older kids that were supposed to come because we don’t have any older kids or big kid toys. And we didn’t want them to be bored. The kids that did come we’re too young to be in the bounce house.

We will be seeing the no shows in the future and I’m not sure how to act (I’m a really kind person so obviously I won’t act out) but I’m just confused and feel so sad (I even cried once the 6 guest left)