Nuchal Translucency test

El

I had my 12 week scan yesterday with the Nuchal Translucency testing. What we what would be a smooth, problem free appointment unfortunately was not. While the baby was measuring fine (60th percentile) and had a strong heart beat of 145, the US tech informed us that the Nuchal Translucency measurement was higher than they like to see. Some sources say they like it less than 3.5mm and some say less than 3mm- ours was measuring at 3.6. This immediately raised some red flags and we met with a genetics counselor and my OB who both suggested further testing (NIPT blood work and even a CVS). I obviously at this point was extremely freaked out and kind of in shock as they discussed this could be a marker for a genetic disorder (usually Down syndrome or another trisomy) or a cardiac issue. I went ahead and sent the blood work off and will plan on a CVS soon. One thing my MD mentioned is often with Down syndrome babies, they are unable to visualize a nasal bone in the US and my MD said they could see our baby’s very clearly. Would appreciate any feedback if anyone has been in a situation like this or know anyone who has.