Venting 😤😩🤬

Ashley • Happily married, have a wonderful son, and a sweet baby girl 💜

I normally love the fall and the changing weather, but this year it is trying to destroy me. A newborn at this time is not fun. I was lucky with my son and he didn't get sick until he was 4 months old and caught something from daycare. Well my son is 2.5 years old and so far has had 2-3 different illnesses in the past month. The first fever/cold he got spread through the family and my daughter got her first cold and fever at 5 weeks, which meant we had to go to the ER and do a full check (endless lab work, urine culture, and a spinal tap). Well we picked him up from daycare today and lo and behold he doesn't feel good and his temperature is up to 102.3. So this means he will be staying home tomorrow and my 7 week old will be around him all day. The ER trip was a terrifying experience for me as I was solo since my husband had to watch our son (we went to the ER at 1am) and I think I cried more than my daughter. I just don't want her to go through that again especially when I know whatever fever she gets will likely be due to the virus my son has. Unfortunately I don't have any choice if she gets a fever since they informed me up until 3 months old any fever requires an ER visit. I'm praying this virus is short lived and my daughter doesn't get it