Support ❤️

High there

Hey beautiful people

I’m so grateful for this community, a safe place to gain support, advice, laughs, share tears, and community with so many amazing people.

Sadly, this topic exists because so many of us have been hurt sexually, often by someone we trusted.

It breaks us, it can be confusing, you thought they had our backs but then they betrayed us. It hurts.

I wanted to share a song that really really helped me when I was re-traumatized last year when I opened up about rape and sexual abuse I suffered as a small child, only 9 years old.

As an adult, many years later, bringing it up broke me again. And I’m sure some of you probably know how that feels.

This is a song by AJR benefitting the It’s On Us Foundation, which fights for the prevention of college sexual abuse and rape on college campus.

The song really helped comfort me when I felt alone, guilty, scared, confused, and lost.

It’s called It’s On Us by AJR (some of you may have heard some of their more popular songs, such as Sober Up, Weak, or 100 Bad Days.)

Give it a listen 😘