Ever dealt with possible child abuse??

Ok kinda long story but I need to vent...

We bought our home about 4 years ago. We met our neighbors directly next store right away. First off seemed like very nice people. Never really had any problems at first. We kinda stick to ourselves. Well I became friends with the women who lives there. It's her, her husband, and step daughter (is 16 now). They have a grandson (about 8 yo) that visits from time to time. Well the first year I noticed there daughter had a big black eye. She would take her to work with her (she cleans houses for people) and she said she was playing on a motorcycle and hit her face on the steering wheel. I thought it was kinda strange but okay.

Then about 6 months later another black eye, this time the daughter told my 12 yo son her glasses broke after falling off the back porch. Then it kept happening. About every 6-8 months I would notice a black eye or bruising ect. Not even a week after that she had 2 black eyes not just one. I never heard an explanation for that one. I called child services. I don't like sticking my nose in people's business but when it comes to children i dont take it lightly. My son is rambunctious and hes never had that many injuries!

At first i chalked it up to clumsiness but now I dont think so. She comes to use my phone today and says her daughter broke her arm falling. I guess a women who lives behind us called child services bc my neighbors daughter told her shes getting hit a lot lately. Finally someone else is calling but over the course of 4 years child services has come and left and nothing!!!theres more stories I just cant explain it all. I just get frustrated. How can you raise a child as your own and that child have so many injuries in such a short time and the state does nothing!?! Makes no sense to me. I've tried getting the girl to talk to me bc she comes over often asking for sugar, milk, bread, ect and I feel like shes too scared to open up. And that's the problem. When that child is so terrified they wont speak up. We were outside talking one day and she slapped her right infront of me! I went off. I told her not to hit her like that infront of me. Needless to say we didnt speak for a while. I just hate this situation and I needed to vent a little. I mean am I jumping to conclusions or could it truly be shes beating her that bad?