Not Mad, Just Disappointed in My Ex

Okay so, I broke up with my abusive ex in the beginning of the year. He owed me $700 and had a lot of my things but wouldn't let me get my stuff back. I offered to pay and send him the shipping label for mailing my stuff back and he said he's never sent a letter and ignored my messages until I dropped it.

I eventually let it go after meeting my current bf, figuring that my ex would never fulfil his promises. I'm happy now. My boyfriend is the man I used to pray for when crying in my ex's bathroom at night. He's my heart and everything that comes with it.

Eventually I heard from mutual friends that he actually did have the money to pay me back. He totalled his car a few months after we broke up and got an insurance check. He's been spending it on new furniture, and taking his current girlfriend to Hawaii and buying her designer bags and bracelets.

And somewhat of a tangent, part of the reason I left him was due to him constantly accusing me of cheating. The last straw was when I didn't reply for an hour because I was seeing one of my best friends. He never let me see or make new friends so I hadn't been out of the house in months. Now come to find out, he's cheated on his current girlfriend with at least nine other women while deployed, and immediately proposed when he got back. I feel bad because none of us are in a position to tell her or be believed since everyone on the ship has dirt on each other.

I didn't bring him up to any of our mutual friends, they just told me unprovoked, but knowing this information has dug up a lot of upset feelings. I don't care what he does with his money, I just wish I'd get my things back without having to take him to court. I'm frustrated because I don't have feelings for him, but I'm upset that he can't extend bare minimum courtesy to me. I encouraged and supported him even after we broke up and he would do things like telling me his dad called me ugly, "accidentally" texting me instead of his flings, etc. I don't blame our mutual friends because I don't think they meant harm in telling me. But idk. I wish they'd tell his fiancée, and I wish I could get my things. Our friends are encouraging me to sue him but I don't think it's worth it. I know that ultimately, I'm free of him. I'm happy, and that's all that matters. I just want better for/fro everyone involved, I guess.

Edit: $700 is a significant amount for a college student, and the things aren't necessities but bracelets/necklaces from my late grandmother, gifts from my first job, etc.