Calm blue ocean

Sherry • Stars can't shine without darkness.

Trying so hard not to freak out. So awhile ago i posted about genetic testing and the NIPT and a lot of you wonderful women reached out and explained it to me and that the nipt is only one blood draw and likely wasnt the test i had. You guys were right. It was SIPS screening.

Well i got the results yesterday and screened positive for a 1 in 500 chance of trisomy 21 ( downs syndrome) the normal range for my age is 1 in 900 so they are sending me now for an NIPT.

I went to the out paitent to get it done yesterday but they told me because of the holidays the sample would go bad and to come back jan 2nd.

I'm just freaking out and having to wait for so long to find out more info has me so nervous. I spent most of the day yesterday crying which may be over dramatic, i just have all these thoughts and feelings swirling around in my head and have been pretty emotional all around. I heard its heart beat for the first time yesterday at 16+3

I don't even know why im posting this, I thinks its because im trying to be positive and strong for my husband but inside im kind of an emotional wreck right now.